December 23, 2012 at 6:35 am (Intro)

So, it’s 5:30 a.m. and I’m just hanging out, not up to anything special this 23rd of December…oh wait, that’s not quite right!

I’m at the hospital!

We started the induction process last night.  When I came in, I was 1 cm dilated, and since then have had 2 rounds of misoprostyl, a cerival softener.  I went from 0 contractions to having them semi-regularly, every 7-10 minutes, maybe more frequently at this point.  I’m not in a lot of pain, but I do have an IV in each arm which is not comfortable.  I’ve only slept about 1 1/2 hours, but Hubs is getting some rest, and I’ll try to dose more later.  My mom made it to the Bay Area yesterday and is at our apartment getting some sleep. She’ll be here through Wednesday morning and has already threatened to call in sick if she needs to be here longer. 

My diabetes is acting up a little, but one of the IV’s is a combo drip of insulin and glucose, designed to keep it stable.  I did have to go about 8 hours without eating at one point, and that just sucked! If my contractions become more regular, we’ll move to pitocin after 6 a.m., but I’m figuring we’ll do another round of Miso first, and not start Pit until 10 a.m.  or shortly thereafter.

Anyways, all of this to say that we get to meet our daughter sometime between now and possibly Monday night!  Yay!!!  God is so good to us to take us this far!



  1. Natalie Stroble said,

    I’m glad your mom can be there, wish I could be there! Get some rest 🙂

  2. mrslilybugg said,

    oh my God, how exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can’t wait to see photos of your little one!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: